Now does anything I've just described sound like it has anything even REMOTELY in common with Singerman? No, of course not, but apparently Warner Brothers didn't get that memo as they're now trying to sell Singerman as being worthy of an Oscar. (That's OK, I'll wait until you stop laughing uncontrollably.) If you click on the picture of the poster above you can see what I'm talking about. We could possibly see the film getting some consideration for some kind of obscure sound or visual effects award, but the ones on this poster?? C'mon, let's get real here folks. Singer for best director? I'm sure all the great ones leave millions on the cutting room floor. Routh for best actor? Did he even have 12 lines of dialogue in the film? Bosworth for best actress? BWWAAAAAHAAAAHAAAA!!!!! Best costume design? Maybe if the film was about a pleather clad scuba diver. Best original score? Shouldn't that be John Williams' name there instead of Ottman?
With all of the hilarity seeing that brought to us the other day, it made us think of a few awards that we might actually nominate the film for. Take a look and see what you think:
- Best mutilation of a legend - Bryan Singer
- Worst attempt at disguising the remake of a script - Dan Harris, Michael Dougherty
- Worst miscasting of a lead actress - Bryan Singer
- Worst on-screen chemistry between lead actors - Bosworth/Routh
- Worst misuse of an otherwise talented supporting actor - Bryan Singer (Spacey)
- Most unnecessary plot device that will weigh the franchise down like a lead weight - Super Kid