Monday, October 04, 2010

Zak Snyder To Direct Superman Reboot


Well, it looks like the first "domino" has fallen in regards to the Christopher Nolan produced reboot.

Zak Snyder has revealed that once he finishes production on Sucker Punch, he will be taking up the reigns as director of Superman's 20-plus-years-in-the-making big-screen reboot.

Read all about it here:

http://www.deadline.com/2010/10/zack-snyder-directing-superman/

"I just spoke with Zack Snyder, who confirms that as soon as he completes post on Sucker Punch, he'll move right into Warner Bros' long awaited next Man of Steel movie in development with Chris Nolan and David Goyer. "I've been a big fan of the character for a long time, he's definitely the king of all superheroes, he's the one," Snyder, who directed Watchmen and 300, told me. "It's early yet, but I can tell you that what David and Chris have done with the story so far definitely has given me a great insight into a way to make him feel modern. I've always felt he was kind of awesome. I'll finish Sucker Punch and get right at it."

Honestly, I think this is a great choice, and if nothing else, we will actually get a Superman who does more than mope, whine and lift things.

'bout time.........

6 comments:

Daniel said...

Interesting choice.. I dug 300 did not care for Watchmen. Hopefully the script is spot on as well as the casting. Still not sure who will play Superman?

Looking forward to Superman news soon..

Anonymous said...

here we go again... can't wait to see this only because of the inevitable fanboy uproar over every single hair on the new supey's head. I'm too busy at work these days to argue for hours over it again, time for a new generation to squabble endlessly. and im exhausted to this day. this blog is now 4 years old. i WAS 20 when it started. Time to focus on other things. Just bring superman into the modern age, guys. dont dumb it down though.

Anonymous said...

Singer is a FAG and Superman Returns was gay.

Anonymous said...

Singerman, giving head & packing fudge.

Save Superman Campaign said...

As ever, I consider this reboot guilty until proven innocent.

Sepharih said...

Hi everybody.

Man....hard to believe how long it's been. I remember this blog back when it was first started. Crazy to think that a sequel to Returns seemed almost inevitable back then.

And here we are now...with Superman being backed by a team that on an individual basis completely mopped the floor with Returns both financially AND creatively.

I once said that the fight wasn't over for me until we got a GOOD Superman film, and I stand by that. That said, Singer is gone, and Superman is getting the Modern take he always deserved. No guarantee's it will be better, true, but all the bad ideas and individuals behind them have been swiped away, which means that this film deserves to be judged on its own merits. As far as the people behind it are concerned, Returns never happened, and they're counting on the fact that enough time has gone by that most people have forgotten about it.
You know what I say to that?
Let's help them.

As a symbolic gesture, I'm hereby making this my last post forever on this blog and encouraging AP and the people who run it to do the same.
Let's start fresh. Clean slate. If we suspect that Snyder is fucking it up, we can begin a new blog titled Snyder's Superman Sucks, where we lampoon Snyderman. Until then, let's show our support for them by NOT reminding them or anybody else about Bryan Singer's trully awful take on Superman. Let us simply let it fade away like a bad dream, and take the high road by going out with a final tip of the hat, and a good old fuck you to bryan singer.

To be fair however...in a strange way, I do owe Singer. I worked for quite a while on a Superman Returns fan-edit that ultimately never saw the light of day...and sadly probably never will, but I got a pretty surprising amount of web coverage for my clip where I showed my color correction of the suit and it wound up landing me my first real job in the visual effects industry. A few years later now and I've worked on a few Hollywood films myself and several videogames and commercials.

In any case, I bid you goodbye SSS, AP, and all the others. It was fun...but I sincerly hope to NOT see you Snyder's Superman Sucks.