- WB is trying to undercut piracy in China by selling the Singerman DVD for under $2 (I still say that's too much), which may in turn wind up costing the rest of us more in the long run, assuming we were going to use them for decorative coasters or something. Recent reports are that pirates are still undercutting their prices.
- After their bad summer slate, the pressure is on at WB Studios this weekend with the release of The Departed.
- If you adjust for inflation the domestic grosses of all superhero films, Singerman would rank 13th, far behind Superman ($377 M) and Superman II ($256 M), as well as every Batman film except Batman & Robin, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
- Pirates Halloween costumes are flying off retail shelves. Singerman not so much.
- Speaking of costumes, Kate Bosworth apparently wants to be a skeleton this Halloween.
- We guess Kevin Spacey now has a thing for playing hackneyed villains.
- Not sure how we missed this one: A conservative female reviewer who thinks Singerman was an emasculated metrosexual? Go figure.
Friday, October 06, 2006
Miscellaneous Bits 10/6
<-- sometimes no caption is necessary. We've got a few miscellaneous news bits from around the web relating to Singerman from the past week, that I didn't care enough about to give them their own postings.